Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Final Discussion #1


Before taking this class, I did not have any idea what this class had to offer me. I felt as if this class would be a really easy class to just cruise by, but it showed me otherwise. This course caught me by surprise. Some of the projects were challenging, but nothing a little effort could fix. Comm. 41 taught me a lot. It taught me that the context of an argument is more than just two sides exchanging words. It is much more than that. Little things from types of arguments, reasoning, languages, etc, are important contents that hinder underneath the simplistic idea of an argument. It also showed the complex way one’s mind comprehended situations that are confronted and how we as human beings worked around it in response. This honestly has to be the most interesting class I have taken at SJSU within my two years here. (First time I wrote exactly 150 words on a discussion). :)

Thank You Professor Perez!
Randy Alonzo.


2 comments:

  1. I agree that this class taught me a lot. I didn't expect that there could be this much thought that could be put into something as simple as an argument. The fact that you can scratch through the surface of an argument and find so many other aspects and details that you have to respect makes arguing actually pretty difficult to do correctly! This class has been incredibly interesting and I too have learned a lot. Now I have the knowledge to beat you in any argument and even though you're my roommate, I won't let up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was a lot that was taught this semester in this class. The THINK book in my opinion was only alright. The definitions were what helped me and intrigued me the most, but other than that, not that much was very interesting to me. I think i liked the course too; it was actually a very interesting course. This was my first online class and it was a very rewarding experience. I was able to open up on the blogs about what I thought on certain subjects and ideas which was really nice. I was able to receive feedback for the blog posts that I wrote. Thanks for sharing your feedback on the course.

    ReplyDelete