Sunday, November 18, 2012

Chapter 12 Question #2


Okay so my situation would be very common amongst the public which involves being late for work. It can also relate to others that deal with work, school, and etc. Well so I decided to take up a shift one morning for a fellow co-worker after a late night closing shift which ended about 2 in the morning. Well I work at the Dining Commons here on campus and so we sometimes close really late. I had to get up 6 in the morning because I started at 6:30 so I had to set my alarm. I went on my phone to set my alarm and set it to 6 o’clock. I set my phone to 6 o’clock and went to bed. So I wake up the next morning naturally because I had to urinate and I looked at my phone and it was 6:45. I was late to work because I did not hear my phone go off. I check my phone and it said the alarm was set at 6 p.m. instead of a.m. The assumption I made that thinking that my phone was set for a.m. instead of p.m. was incorrect. Also I ended going to work the wrong day as well I did not have to even go in that morning. It was for the week after.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Randy Alonzo,
    That really does sound like an unfortunate situation! I would always check to make sure that I changed the time from AM to PM. I have gotten screwed over by that a few times before and it truly does suck. I do agree with you that those assumptions are the worst. These can affect you because you can lose your job over something so tiny like an alarm mistake. However, I have only done it waking up for class and haven't gotten into too serious of trouble. The only time was when I got late for class on a test.

    ReplyDelete