Saturday, October 6, 2012

Chapter 3 Question #2


Within the past two weeks I have used rhetorical devices.
As for my first example, I have used euphemism in a conversation that I had with my brother a few days ago. He had bought oxy pro elite diet pills. These pills claim to help your body reach its maximum potential when turning fat into energy. Also helps boost your metabolism. So he asked me if he did the right thing and I said that he did not have to buy them unless he really needed, which I believe he did. I only lied to him because I felt bad. He said he was fat, but instead of that I just said he was just a little chubby. As for another example I pulled my groin the other week during practice for Friendship Games that is happening at the end of the month. I was walking home with a hurt foot and also the pulled groin and said that I felt like I was going to die. That is an over exaggeration. Those are two examples of rhetorical devices that I have used in the past two weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Randy Alonzo,

    I, too, always say that I feel like I'm going to die whenever something bad happens to me. It's definitely not true (and the people I'm talking to know that as well), but I always seem to use it! If you think your brother is a little chubby, you should tell him to eat a lot of fruits and vegetables. Diet pills NEVER work and will harm him more than help him! If he wants to be healthier, exercise and a balanced diet is the way to go. I think it would a good idea for you to research these oxy pro elite diet pills. Perhaps reading this article would help: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/03/business/army-studies-workout-supplements-after-2-deaths.html.

    ReplyDelete