Sunday, October 21, 2012

Chapter 4 Question #3


It seems as if this whole chapter has been based on memory, such as the stories and also the arguments of the existence of UFO’s. It all leads to the false memory syndrome. The theory of being abducted may be along the lines of false memory syndrome. The human brain is very strong and can alter the way we think. It can create these situations they we eventually may strongly to believe occurred. I can recall a story that I strongly believe to this day that has happened. But lately I have been thinking more because as time went on I started to doubt these so called “memories”. Well the story I remember is I drowning in a pool on a Sunday afternoon and that my uncle came to save me in his Sunday clothes. I remember eating and jumping in the pool alone and cramping up. Then I couldn’t swim and drowned. I don’t remember much just waking up and finding out that I drowned. But I talk of this to my family and no one seems to recall this incident. This sort of gives a potential occurrence of false memory syndrome.

1 comment:

  1. The UFO’s concept is the leading of false memory syndrome. That not well critical thinker don’t have a great deal of memory. The mind is a great concept of which it can be misleading. Things that we believe to occur in our mind and then we misinterpret them. Doubts about memories is a strong thing to think. That is a great incident that you find this as questioning, questioning the part of a drowning that is really hard to understand. I recall reading Emotional Intelligent book and it challenges this notion. The in emotional intelligent book it says that your memory is distorted because your own mind protects itself. I don’t know what whether I should challenge this concept.

    ReplyDelete